Angela's Chocolate Cream Pie
1 cup sugar, divided
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon self-rising flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 teaspoon salf
2 3/4 cups milk, divided
3 eggs yolks, lightly beating
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (9 inch) pie crusts, baked
- combine 1/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, flour, cocoa and salf in small bowl
- Blend well.
- Stir in 1/4 cup milk and egg yolks.
- In a saucepan, combine remaining 3/4 cup sugar abd remaining 2 cus milk, place over medium heat and gradually bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir I cup hot milk mixture into the cocoa mixture, the return to saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat, string constantly.
- Let mixture boil for 5 minuter while continuing to stir.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Pour into pie shell and let chill 2-3 hours before serving.
- Top each slice with a dollop of cool whip when serving.